Our first group of speakers were the inspiring Betty, Melinda and Dorothy from Special Olympics. They came in preparation of July 1st and our Pancake Breakfast. The Chilliwack region plays host to approximately 90 athletes and 32 coaches. Bonnie and Melinda came showing off a small bit of their hardware and to update us on all the accomplishments of local athletes are achieving at Regionals, Provincials, Nationals and Worlds!
They also came in celebrating the Sardis Kiwanis Clubs 36 year relationship with Special Olympics in Chilliwack! A special shout out from our lovely ladies went out to Jacques and Brian!
We are super excited to see everyone again on Saturday for the annual Canada Day Pancake Breakfast! Keep up the awesome ladies!
Our second guest of the morning was Sue Attrill, City of Chilliwack counsellor and Executive Director of the Chilliwack Hospice Society!
Sue's first update to us was about the events and going-ons with Hospice. They have purchased a new building as they have outgrown their current residence. Hospice has also been working hard to make sure grief counselling and supports are in place for all age demographics. Sue reminded us of the Hospice's gala event on Spetember 16 at the old Ag Rec and she hopes to see some of us there. Sue was then extra awesome and gave us a quick update about the City and it's workings as well as taking questions. Things like the Garrison development, homelessness, Vedder expansion, and the new bridge were all discussed. Without a doubt, Chilliwack is growing!
- A brief update from Arley about Super Reader
- A reminder the Board Meeting is this Tuesday at 7pm
- Peter had thank you letters and cards from our scholarhip receipents
- Ev brought a beautiful, thoughtful card from Sardis Doorway to share
- Canada Day events- Friday set-up 6pm at the Evergreen Hall, 6:30am Saturday for the main event at Evergreen Hall, and all day with the trailer at Townsend
- Do't forget that our Conference is coming up in Kennewick! Register now!