Clearbrook Kiwanis came to visit, Susan, Ron and Manfred all made the drive and shared coffee and breakfast with us. Gillian brought her partner, Austin to take in all the Kiwanis delights, and we welcomed back soon-to-be-members-just-waiting-for-the-Board-Meeting-Thursday Pam and Randy! And Roger and Doug had our guest speaker, Pascal Adam from M2W2.
We kicked off the morning festivities with the first of our indictions. These ladies decided to join us as 2018 was comeing to an end and with two meetings being cancelled because of the holiday season, they have been very patient to be part of this incredible crew!
Lt.G Dennis was away, so Ret.Lt.G. Barry stepped in and inducted newest Kiwanians Lisa and Mary! Dedicated community members, both have a passion to improve the lives of youth and families of Chilliwack through service and we very much welcome these two ladies into our Kiwanis Club!
We see amazing things ahead for them and our club as we continue to thrive, grow and make our community better, one child/youth at a time.
Welcome Mary and Lisa!
The Values and Spiritual aims committee hosted M2W2 as our guest speaker this morning. M2W2 (click here to learn more about them from their website) is a Christian restorative ministry that helps inmates reconnect with the world outside of the prison system. M2W2 follows NOLA "no one leaves alone" to help inmates on a better path, and away from re-offending by providing mentorship, guidance, on-the job training and connections. The have over 200 volunteers, run a Thrift Store and are on constant call to support some of the most vulnerable citizens.
It was wonderful to have an update from M2W2 and our absolute pleasure to provide a small donation to them to help continue their services so families and communities can benefit in the long-term.
- January 22 at 6:45pm we are at the Twisted Thistle for our second installment of our roundtable Evening With Kiwanis, I hope you can make it.
- Soup Kitchen served 128 meals on Saturday, 6 children too
- Super Reader assemblies have started, Arley has a long list, if you can attend any of them, let him know!
- Operation Red Nose, reception is done, and another year successfully completed! Thank you to all our members who supported this incredible holiday program.
- Boston Bruins alumni game coming up in support of CSL - George has all the info.
- Hockey equipment update, as per Ev, thank you for your generosity!
- Business Awards are on Saturday night, nominated as Not-For-Profit of the Year, we will post photos! Thank you Kiwanians for all your dedication.
- DCM is February 25 in Abbotsford, starts at 7pm
- PNW MidWinter conference is February 22,23 and 24 in Bellingham, best day to be there is Saturday. I will be presenting, great information available and wonderful people.
- Mark your calendars, March 3 is the annual Kiwanis Fun Kurling Spiel at the brand new Chilliwack Curling Club!
- Board Meeting on Thursday at Mt.Slesse at 7pm!
Happy Bucks to celebrate all that is awesome, amazing in our lives!
For the Good of Kiwanis, Make it a Great week!