Vincent Van Gogh:
"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."
What a morning! Pie Day and Everything!
We had a full house, even if our guest speaker had to cancel late last night! We were so lucky to have Greg Weigrich our Lieutenant Governor, Mary, Anne, Brenda (from Run for Mom), and Bill Tunbridge (Chilliwack Club) join us this morning for breakfast and a celebration!
We were honoured to welcome Doug and Kiefer into the club officially! Greg our Lt. Govenor did the ceremony!
Certificates, pins, reading material were all presented to these fine gentleman, and I know I speak for the club when I say I look forward to working with them in making our community better, one child at a time.
Thank you Greg for doing our ceremony this morning and thank you Gentlemen for your committment to Kiwanis!
Immediately after our newest members joined, I noticed it got a little dusty in the room.
"The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued." (MIchelle Obama)
With having so many of our wonderful members gathered meant I was finally able to present two deserving ladies with a surprise.
A few weeks back, (thank you to Cec for passing along the information) I nominated both Sheila and Anne for the Ann Davis Transition Society, Bread and Roses event- to recognize them for their years of tireless community efforts across many different organizations. Both women will be celebrated on April 13th at the Lynnwood Residence at the annual Bread and Roses celebration. Tickets are available ($30ea) till March 24th at the Ann Davis Transition Society office.
Well deserved Ladies! And thank you for all you do!
Bill Tunbridge, husband to Valerie Tunbridge paid us a visit today to personally thank us for the donation in Valerie's memory to the Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Foundation.
Bill brought amazing memories of Valerie's causes and passions, as well as some of her accolades to the meeting and we all got a chance to reflect and remember a very special woman.
Valerie was indeed a force, and we share in your sorrow Bill- she is missed immensely. Thank you for taking the time today to share the memories with us, it was a wonderful tribute to a wonderful lady.
- DCM was in Sumas on March 13, 2017 - always nice to catch up with other clubs in our District, a brief outline of the meeting was discussed with special attention to Greg Holland, Past-governor being the guest speaker.
- We had our Board Meeting last week
- Soup kitchen this past Saturday served 162 meals
- Super Reader is all quiet with Spring Break for the next two weeks
- Ba'hath Fundraiser on April 10, we have 2 tables and will be presenting a cheque that night, we are all looking forward to it!
- Golden Ears is having a fundraiser party to celebrate Canada's 150 birthday on March 25th at the Maple Ridge legion- contact Dennis if you are interested in attending.
- Brenda from Run for Mom spoke briefly to remind us that Run for Mom is on May 13th this year, a Saturday and was hoping we are in again to support this venture, Pete assured us, we are!
- A sign-up went around for Reginal Conference on April 8 in Mount Vernon! I will be going, I hope some of you will join me!
- If you did not get a chance to check out Facebook, between the Chilliwack and Abbotsford IHOP, just over $25,000 was raised for the Children's Hospital so thank you to all our members who helped out that day! What an accomplishment!
And then we wrapped with a little diddy (or 2, or was it 3) from Peter, for Pete to help him prepare for St. Patrick's Day on Friday, but also to return Bud the Spud to him.
Never a dull moment in the Sardis Kiwanis Club!
We ended with laughter and fun! An amazing meeting all around, and thank you for all you do!
See you all soon, Yours in Service,