Happy National Volunteer Week!
In attendance today we welcomed back Brenda from Run for Mom. May 13 is the big race day! She brought us an update with 3 weeks to go to the big event. Run for Mom is excited to say that registrations are up. Brenda is also looking form very specific help on May 12 to help pick up the bigger supplies and equipment. If you are available, please get in touch with Pete S. Let's see if we cannot help Brenda and Run for Mom out.
We also welcomed back Steve from Junior Dragon Boats. Steve provided us an update about the Junior Dragon Boaters that paddle at Harrison Lake. 52 kids are registered and learn all the skills needed to be out on the water in a Dragon Boat. He had a wonderful presentation full of pictures and stories of the adventures and competitions of Dragon Boating, what an incredible opportunity for kids in Chilliwack/Sardis/Agassiz/Harrison! If you want to check them out in action, they practice Wednesdays 4:45 to 6pm on Harrison Lake, close to the Lagoon. Also, July 22, there the Harrison Festival where they will also be showcased. Steve presented our club a plaque of Appreciation for our years of continued dedication and support.
As for our regular club updates, we are a busy little club!
- Super Reader- more assemblies and more awesome celebrations. Thank you to all those helping.
- McHappy Day- May 3 during the day, please let Arley know if you are available and interested in participating.
- Walk and Knock- May 3, 5pm to 8pm, we need drivers and knockers to help collect donations fo rthe Food Bank. Come join us for a walk! :)
- Inside Ride- May 4 at WJ Mouat, Dennis is still looking for riders to help ease the workload, talk to him for additional details and thank you to everyone who has donated to the cause!
- InterClub- April 27 in Abbotsofrd at the Crossroads restaurant with the Abbotsford Club for a speaker on Diabetes, join Dennis, Cec, Barry, Pat and others for a night of friendship and learning.
- Canada Day- Al had an update, we have been asked to do the Pancake Breakfast again and support the event with our trailer. Al will provide more details as they come.
- Soup Kitchen- A check was presented to Bill from Doug as we renewed our partnership with the Chilliwack CLub for the Saturday Soup Kitchen for another year. Thank you gentleman.
- Clothing Sale- Sardis Kiwanis Club will be supporting the Chilliwack Club in their clothing sale May 26 &27, Sheila has vouchers and posters, spread the word and let's help our friends in Chilliwack in their fundraising venture.
- Elections- please subit your nominations for Board members to Ernie. Our AGM and elections are May 9. I hope we get to see everyone out to exercise their democratic right to vote!
- Leadership Camp- Check out Facebook for updates and pictures from the 2017 edition of Leadership Camp this past weekend in Hope, what a weekend of leadership training and fun! Thank you to all those involved.
- Ann Davis Transition- Please keep bringing in your soaps and bathroom supplies for our wash bag project, we can never get enough! Soon enough we will have enough to make a whole stash of wash bags.
- ORN- The Board has voted unanimously to continue with Operation Red Nose for the 2017 season so watch for updates coming soon.
We pleasantly reminded Erwin of an important birthday that is coming up and celebrate the Nicholsons who are celebrating their anniversary this week. Have fabulous parties both of you!
A awesome round of Happy Bucks, and that was the end,
Till next week, check out Instagram for posts and celebrations for National Volunteer Week, it is a pleasure and honour to represent you as your President. Thank you for trusting in me,
Till next week, Yours in Service,