~ Coach Wooden
I hope everyone is staying safe and minimizing their exposure to all this wildfire smoke that has engulfed the Fraser Valley and much of the Pacific NorthWest. A little rain, minus any thunderstorm action, would be greatly appreciated right now.
Jack Covey from the Valley Huskers and Carol Tichelman Governor Nominee from Rotary.
Jack attended this morning because we approved his request for funds for the Valley Huskers team, and it is spectacular to see the Huskers on the winning side of the table to start the season this year. We also asked Jack if he has a few players who are available to help us spruce up our two Kiwanis road signs and give them a new paint job. #KiwanisIsCommunity comes through and we will be working with a few athletes to get those signs freshened up and looking spectacular again! Be sure to tune in and support the Huskers, their link to their website is included!
Our second guest this morning featured Carol Tichelman, Governor Nominee from Rotary. Carol gave us a brief history of Rotary, and outlined some of their local projects.
It is always nice to hear what other service groups are doing in and around Chilliwack. We also could not agree more that what we all do for the community is best for Chilliwack and a massive cooperative! If either club comes up with a massive service project, it is nice to know there is mutual support for the betterment of our local community.
- Don't forget Installation Picnic this Saturday (Aug 25) at Gwynne Vaughn Park starting at 3pm, contact Dennis to add your request of steak or chicken if you have not already. Hope to see you all there!
- Pat M. brought forward the fact that October 20 is civic election day, he is looking for 30 volunteers to help in polling stations that day, if you can help, let him know.
- There is a form, for submitting recipes to the PNW to create a cookbook that will benefit SIGN and KCCP programs this year - to get the form contact Margie at email@example.com
- Hogan Park car show went very well, thank you to everyone who supported the trailer crew
- Spokane conference was fun and exciting. Dennis, Barry and myself all had a great time networking and sharing the amazing things we are doing for Chilliwack
Make it a great week everyone.
In the Kiwanis Spirit,