Lots of updates! Lots of members! 2 guests! Oh. My.
We had our Lt. Gov. Greg Wegrich pop in for a visit and an update, w even found his missing lawn chair! We also still maintain that his visit is related to a certain event occuring state side today...
We also had Virgina O'Brien as our guest speaker on behalf of the Behath Centre in Tanzania! Virginia is so inspiring! She brought us an update on the Bahath Centre as they celebrate 5 years of keeping children off the street. Her passion can be heard in every story and it is so heart-warming to know our Kiwanis contributions have helped in so many ways- including helping install the tap- for water, in the compound! It was also nice to hear the future plans for the centre and that the children all have huge aspirations of becoming pilots, teachers and doctors! Such great work!
If you had $15 on you, you could purchase her fall fundraising calendar, we will keep you posted when we hear about her spring silent auction night!
Thank you to the crew that braved the elements on Saturday night to assist the Chilliwack Hospice gala fundraiser. Also a big thank you to Brian for the night at the races on Friday night!
As for updates:
- Operation Red Nose- Derek has promotional material that must be distributed, please contact him if you can help
- DCM - November 14 at the Abbotsford Legacy Building 5pm SIGN meeting, 7pm DCM
- Soup Kitchen on November 12
- Food Safe Update- not for profit and volunteer organizations are being targetted in a compliancy check, we are hoping to offer Food Safe training or the refresher course in the new year
- Santa Shuffle update- for the Salvation Army
- Ringing Bells for Kettles- Pete still has some spots available to ring bells for the Salvation Army this coming week, be sure to sign up with him
- Kiwanis Kid Christmas Shopping on November 15 at 7pm
Lastly, do not forget to drop by your local Cenotaph on Friday around 10:45am to reflect and give rememberance. We are blessed to have all we do, so thank you to all those who served and do serve in our military ranks.