We had a whole assortment of guests and speakers as we welcomed the Chilliwack Club-Welcome Ken, Delphine, Bob and Chris to our new location and the team from Chilliwack Community Services- Diane, Shirley and Julie.
Chilliwack Community Services visited today to receive a cheque from us, but to also provide an update about what is going on with all the programs that they run here in the community. The ladies provided a fabulous run down of all their programs:
Also impressive is the reality that to date at CCS, 92% of money goes to programs and direct support, only 8% goes to admin costs. For such a diverse organization that is truly impressive.
At the next Board Meeting we should brainstorm if we can support any of these programs further!
- May 1 - Club Elections for the new Board for the 2018/ 2019 year
- May 1 - Board Meeting at the Chilliwack Public Library
- May 2 - Knock and Walk - Pete S for all the details
- May 2 - McDonalds Day
- May 12 - Run for Mom
- May 12 - Chilliwack Kiwanis Birthday Dinner @ the Capital 5:30 doors open, Dinner at 6pm, $26pp
- May 24 - Key Club Tea at Sardis Secondary in the Pit at 3:30.
- Thank you to all those involved with scholarships, your dedication is appreciated.
- Thank you to all those who keep Super Reader running smoothly at all our schools.
- Thank you to all those who attended the Bahath fundraiser.