These meetings are always my favourite! Welcoming new members!
We officially inducted Pam Jones and Ryan Bird into our Sardis Kiwanis Fam! These outstanding community members will be fantastic additions to our club, and we look forward to seeing them at our service projects and meetings!
Thank you for your dedication to the children of Chilliwack and the world!
This morning we also welcomes Sue Attrill, Executive Director at Chilliwack Hospice and current City Councillor (although, we did make sure this visit stayed with a Hospice focus).
The Chilliwack Hospice has grown, especially in this time of recognizing that we all have grief and that for self care, it is important we look after ourselves.
The Chilliwack Hospice, which should not be confused with Cascade Hospice, operates now with a million dollar budget.
It was very exciting to hear that they now offer an 8 week Kids focused program for those who are dealing with grief. It is specifically geared to children ages 5 to 12.
Also a friendly reminder one of their yearly fundraisers happens very soon, the Hoedown for Hospice. $50 a ticket, includes dinner and it is at the Evergreen Hall. You will have the pleasure of seeing Kiefer and I there, we volunteered to bar tend for them during this event.
- Scholarships, it is that time again, Peter B to host all the meetings, details to follow
- This Saturday is our Kiwanis soup kitchen, see you there
- Criminal Record checks, it is that time of our Kiwanis year again. 3 years ago we voted to do CRC every 3 years, and here we are at 3 years, I have the forms I will bring them each week. Fill it out, drop it off at the Airport road detachment bring it in when you get it back. I know none of us enjoy doing this, but it is the world we live in
- Bahath center fundraiser, April 15, we have filled 2 full tables, we look forward to supporting Virginia in the venture
- April 6, our 40th Anniversary party at the Capital! $25per person, Dennis has the tickets
- Kiwanis Kurling Fun Spiel hosted 32 curlers and a lot of laughs, thank you to all those who attended
- Super Reader, Round 1 is done and done and Round 2 will start on April 5, if you can help please contact Arley
- Evening with Kiwanis, our evening meetings/ gatherings have been so successful, the Board has voted to keep them going for this year - April 30 is the next one, time and location TBA
- SIGN dinner fundraiser in Abbotsford this past week too, they raised over $11,000! Great work Kiwanians and community!
Make it a great week, see you soon,