Today we were very fortunate to welcome Barb from the Chilliwack Youth Health Centre (CYHC) and members of the executive from the Sardis Secondary Key Club.
The CYHC's vision is to: To create a space that provides integrated health and wellness services to youth and young adults (ages 12-26) on a drop in basis in a safe and supportive environment. They offer a diverse number of programs to support the full range of youth health issues. These include but are not limited to life planning, mental health awareness, counseling, substance abuse and many other concerns youth may have in the lives. Barb outlined how our previous support has allowed them to offer more times, more sessions and more awareness so the youth of Chilliwack have a safe place to go. To check out a full outline of their programs and offerings check out there website here (http://chilliwackyhc.com/). We were also invited to their annual fundraising gala on April 18 at the Chilliwack Cultural Centre. Please contact their office if you are interested in attending.
Our second visitors of the morning were a stellar group of Sardis Secondary students, fresh in with some updates from their fundraising efforts on the weekend, and an overall update about their club.
The club at Sardis are working on school culture events, organizing a team for the Inside Ride at WJ Mouat and organizing a thank you party for May. We also learned their fundraiser of bagging groceries on Saturday earned more than $2400 for KCCP and their programs. An amazing accomplishment! Check out our Facebook page for a few photos from the day.
It's pretty easy to get excited about the future when we see what our youth of today are accomplishing! Thank you to our Key Clubs for continuing all the amazing work of the Kiwanis family.
- Thank you to the House committee for all their work on changing locations.
- Plowing Match for April 14 has been POSTPONED due to the condition of the fields, stay tuned for the re-scheduled date.
- Bahath fundraiser in on April 17, we have two tables attending
- Inside Ride at WJ Mouat is on April 18 @1pm, carpools are being organized
- Soup Kitchen needs help 8:30-10:30 on Saturday April 14, contact Sheila if you are available.
- Scholarships are done, and students have been selected for another year. Thank you to our members who are attending grad ceremonies to hand these out. Also thank you to all those members that sat on the committee this year to select our recipients.
- Do not forget Club Elections are on May 1, 2018
- Still a few seats available for Food Safe certification on May 20, contact Doug H as soon as possible if you are interested.
- Walk and Knock, for the Food Bank is May 2, 5:30-8, mark it in your calendars.
- McDonald's Day is also May 2, 9am to 7pm.
Thank you for all you do!
Yours in Service,