~ Nelson Mandela
After having to cancel last week's meeting due to the crazy East Coast blizzard on the West Coast it was so nice to see everyone again! It was especially wonderful to Welcome Doug, a volunteer from ORN who came to see what we are all about, thank you for joining us Doug! Additionally, it was a complete honour to also host our Students' of the Month from GW Graham and Mt. Slesse Middle School. And to top it all off, members of the GW Graham Key Club were also in attendance!
We definitely had a full house today!
Our Students' of the Month were inspiring as usual! All the 'stuff' they do: athletics, service, bands, community groups, academics, part-time jobs- these students are incredible, and their energy! Spectacular!
We also had updates from:
- Soup Kitchen from that snowy Saturday morning, 157 clients served, including 6 children!
- Big Budget meeting Monday February 20, 6:45pm! Details following shortly.
- Lisa McCoy invited us to her Bellingham noon meeting today- to meet Art Riley, our PNW Kiwanis International counselor. If you can make it, she welcomes you.
- Super Reader- we have a lot of re-schedules because of all the snow days, so please, if you can, help Arley out, contact him. I will include all the dates in an upcoming email. Additionally, Arley is going away, we need a volunteer to liase with the schools in his absence.
- Chilliwack Hospice sent us a newsletter update, it was circulated.
- We also learned that Jack and Vic are both recovering at home! Welcome home Gentlemen, we hope to see you soon!
- We are also sending strength and postive vibes to Courtney's dad, Larry, who is headed back to surgery! We wish him and the family all the best during this time.
- Lastly, Key Club provided updates to their events and happenings at GW Graham. They have 2 fundraisers planned:
- Saturday February 25 - Abbotsford Superstore, bagging groceries for a donation 10:30-3:00pm
- Ongoing: Sardis Bottle Depot, GW Graham Key Club #123 to donate your returns to help them attend District Convention
Arley also noted that our flag, the Maple Leaf as we see it today, is 52 years young tomorrow. Happy Birthday Flag!
Till next week, remember it is a Happy Hearts Day today, spoil those you love and adore just a little more!