"Keep your face always towards the sunshine- and the shadows will fall behind you."
Happy Pancake Day!
Shout out to all our Kiwanians headed to IHOP today! Thank you!
This morning we had Kyla from Sears Optical speak to us about the OneSight (Click the link for more details) program. "With your support, OneSight brings vision care to people across the globe by mobilizing eye care professionals, industry experts, volunteers, and partners. Our shared passion for giving the best care to every patient is what sets us apart. We hold ourselves to the highest standard of care no matter where in the world we are working. This means that patients receive comprehensive eye exams and new, top-quality eyewear that allows them to see, look, and feel their best. Because each community is different, we develop solutions customized to meet local needs. Patients then walk away empowered to give their best to families, employers and communities."
Personally, I was unaware of this program, and I am so thankful Kyla came to share her stories and experiences. We also learned that she collects old glasses for us so we can donate them back to the S.O.S program (Click the link for more details). This is a wonderful partnership! Thank you Kyla for your passion and for sharing your stories and program with us!
- Board Meeting is tonight at 7pm! See you there!
- Pancake Day is today, so go enjoy some pancakes at IHOP!
- DCM is coming up- who's in to travel?
- Check out the Foundation News, January 2017 edition, Sardis Kiwanis gets a mention! Go Sheila and Key Leader!
- Peter, and a contingent attended the SD#33 Scholarship Appreciation Dinner, what a great evening! We will be reviewing scholarships shortly, Peter will keep us infomed.
- Soup Kitchen is coming up on Saturday!
- Kiwanis Kurling Funspiel was at the Abbotsford Curling Club on Sunday! 55 people attended, Dennis' rink came in second! Great job team!
- March 14, Lieutenant Governor Greg Weigrich will be atteding our meeting, so brush up on your American anthems for next week!
- Super Reader was a blast last week! Welcome back to Arley!
- We also did it! All we need 4 more people and Sardis Kiwanis Club will have 2 full tables at the Bahath Centre fundraiser on April 10(Link is to the Facebook event)!
- We had a discussion about the history of Chilliwack, as a group shared some photos from the Flood of '51. The Facebook group Chilliwack History Perspectives is pretty interesting (Link is to that Facebook group)
- Finally we pass our deepest respects and condolences to the family and friends of Grant Ullyot who passed away this past week
Have a wonderful and inspiring week, for the good of Kiwanis,