"Success in life could be defined as the continued expansion of happiness and the progressive realization of worth goals."
This morning was another full house! Al brought a guest, and Chilliwack joined us for an Inter-Club, aka 'Social Networking', that of course meant a morning of laughter and fun!
Rod, President of Chilliwack, presented stats and a very thorough update on our Saturday Manna Soup Kitchen we host at the Chilliwack United Church. To date the Soup Kitchen have served 1620 clients this year, that is up from 1430 last year. We have 1170 volunteer hours invested and through generous donations and super savy shopping cost have been decreased to $2.33 a client. Rod outlined some areas for improvement too, hopefully we can put our heads together and problem solve together. That being said, we look forward to continuing the partnership with the Chilliwack club in making sure our Saturday Soup Kitchen continues to be a source of comfort and stability for all our clients.
As for our regular communications:
- Super Reader: No surprise, still busy, 1969 kids celebrated to date, Arley is fully expecting to hit over 2000 this year.
- Courtney is back from Mexico, even survived the bus ride.
- Thank you for the boxes of soap and other wash stuff for our drive to make wash bags for Anne Davis Transition House. Keep them coming, we will soon make packages up for delivery.
- Nominations for elections can now be made to Ernie, please consider being a member of the Board to make sure our club keeps running smoothly.
- Reminder the Walk and Knock is on May 3, sign up coming next week.
- Also on May 3 is McHappy Day, talk to Arley if you can help.
- Inside Ride, in Abbotsford is May 4, let Dennis know if you can ride for the cause.
- GWG Key Club has they Bottle Drive! If you can help them out, please do.
- Sardis Sec. Key Club held elections, 21 individuals going for positions! It is exciting to see the youth movement be so involved.
That's all for now, for the good of Kiwanis,