- A reminder of the Valerie Tunbridge memorial tea this week.
- Canadian Diabetes, St. Mary's School, and SIGN all sent us some mail, which was circulated for review
- Super Reader- Arley is always looking for help and volunteers for assemblies, so please let him know if you are interested in helping or can help
- Do not forget the Key Club Bottle Drive account at the Sardis Bottle Depot, help them attend their Portland Conference, account number #123
- ORN we are coming up on the end, thank you to everyone who helped and participated, please send your thoughts and reflections to Derek
- February 14 - Key Club will be attending to have a Inter-Club
- Students of the Month are January 31 and February 6, it will be a full house!
- IHop Pancake Day is March 7, watch for more information coming soon!
- Vic continues to recover and same for Courtney's dad, so we continue to give our wishes of strength to them both
- Next week you will see some budget/ committee worksheets, please take the time to evaluate the projects we do so we can more forward, and/or be even better
One of the Kiwanis madates is YCPO, which stands for 'Young Children Priority One', we had the privilege of welcoming Mary Ives from a branch of CYC, and Effective Parenting. She came with a celebration of 20 years of support and partnership with the Kiwanis Club of Sardis and to talk to us about their programs here in Chilliwack. One program that she showcased was the Circle of Security. Circle of Security is relationship based parenting program developed by clinical professionals over a period of 20 years. It provides parents with a roadmap to understanding their children’s needs as well as a guide on how to get there. It is practical, understandable and portioned out in bite-size chunks. The method minimizes the shame and blame cycle and teaches parents reflective functioning. Building on strengths without ignoring the struggles. Circle of Security® trained facilitators are leading this series.
The 8 week program will take place 9:00am – 11:00am at Sardis Family Place. Childcare is provided.
Her presentation was followed by some great questions! We are very fortunate to have such a service here in Chilliwack.
Till next time, all the best, yours in Kiwanis,