We sure did miss updating you all, we will get old posts up soon too!
We hope everyone had a wonderful and peaceful Easter break. If you have kids in school, we hope Spring Break was adventurous and memorable!
Needless to say we learned the program was a huge success, and many schools were able to attend with the little extra help we provide. This year the museum has expanded their school orientated programing to include the "Classroom in Residence" program (Click here for the story from the Chilliwack Museum blog). This program gives students a one week intensive program to research, discover and work in the archives and history of Chilliwack. From our presentation, it sounds like it will be a very in demand program in the future.
Thank you to Lena and Stephanie for your time and visit, we appreciate it and we are definitely looking forward to seeing more from the Chilliwack Museum and Archives in the future.
We wrapped up our meeting with a fantastic round of happy bucks and best birthday wishes to Barry and Pete.
- Support our Sardis and GW Key Club with a stop at Superstore Saturday April 7 as they are bagging groceries for donations to KCCP (Kids Cancer Program) from 10am till 4pm
- Super Reader assemblies Round 2 dates have been set, Arley with all the details
- A reminder that the Bahath fundraiser is on April 17, we have 2 tables and they are both sold out now
- The last group of scholarships will be reviewed this week and next, contact Peter for more information
- The latest SIGN newsletter was circulated for everyone's review
- A reminder we are collecting empty and clean egg cartons for the Salvation Army food bank, please bring them in any time
- Soup Kitchen on May 12 is CANCELLED
- We have an opportunity to get Food Safe certified on May 20, contact Doug H for all the details, he needs to know very soon if you are interested
- Great work to all our members who participated in Club Networking last week, one with the Chilliwack and one with Bellingham