This morning we welcomed Bill Tunbridge from the Chilliwack Kiwanis Club and Christine from the Ann Davis Transition House.
- Soup Kitchen on April 6
- Super Reader - Unsworth, Robertson and Greendale all coming up
- 40th Anniversary Party at the Capital - be there to help us celebrate on April 6
- YMCA Appreciation Night is on April 12, be sure to RSVP
- Key Club article in the paper! Did you see it? Congratulations GW Key Club
- Club elections are coming
Christine was thrown in feet first, so she was unable to answer our specific questions around opportunities and the lack of participation from their families for our annual Kids Christmas Party. However, she did bring an update and outlined all the programs the have available.
They now have 2 houses they keep for their clients, and very client is able to stay with children for 30 days. A stark reality in the fact that these services are increasing in need, not only because of Chilliwack's growing population but because people are not tolerating abuse in their lives anymore.
I think the most shocking thing we learned is that there is a current 3 month wait list to get access to counseling.
The Ann Davis Society is working on trying to reduce this time, but that comes in partnership with many other shareholders.
Make it a great one,
Kiefer and Michelle